A PNA is a document which records the assessment of the need for pharmaceutical services within a specific area. We contributed to the public engagement, through promotion of the PNA questionnaire.
The three main areas addressed in the report are:
- pharmaceutical services currently available in Barnet
- any planned or possible changes that may occur within these services
- any gaps in service provision (including future gaps)
This assessment is unique to Barnet and highlights the needs of the local population so that priorities and commissioning are specific to Barnet communities. This can be read alongside the Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy for Barnet, the theme of which is ‘keeping well and promoting independence’.
Of the 395 responses collected from the public:
- 83% have a regular/preferred pharmacy
- 60% visit their pharmacy at least once a month for themselves
- 81% think it is important the pharmacy is close to their home
- 91% said they would like to see the emergency supply of prescription medicines as an additional service.
You can read the full assessment HERE to find out more.