Cedars provides care for frail older people with a variety of care needs including people living with dementia, those needing nursing care and those who are approaching the end of their lives. On the day of the virtual visit Cedars had 39 residents the majority of whom are living with dementia. During the visit, the Healthwatch Barnet team in total spoke to 8 staff members, 3 residents, and 12 relatives after the visit.
Overall, we found that Cedars are providing good quality care for residents that meets residents’ care needs and the service is well managed.
Key findings from the visit:
- The residents and relatives we spoke to were happy with the care provided and would recommend Cedars to friends and family.
- Residents were satisfied with the food on offer and the choices provided.
- Residents were well supported by a local GP.
- There are many activities taking place at Cedars on a daily basis.
- Recent recruitment for more permanent staff has been successful and largely made staff workload balanced.
- Staff undergo a comprehensive ongoing training programme.
Recommendations were made to the home and a response is included in the report.