Although the home is located on a relatively quite road, it is near all the amenities of the city, being three minutes from Woodside Park underground station. Also, Buses, library and shops are all within walking distance from the home. It provides residential care for 39 older people with a variety of care needs. The Healthwatch Team found it to be clean and well kept.
Key findings from the visit:
- The residents and relatives were very happy with the care provided and satisfied with the food on offer and the many activities taking place.
- We were told that the building has recently been updated to comply with new fire regulations, introduced following the Grenfell Tower fire, at a cost of £30,000.
- We felt that the home could do more to make it more dementia friendly especially with the signage, colours, pictures, table layout and dementia friendly activities.
- We were pleased to find that the residents are regularly asked for their views through questionnaires and meetings being held on a monthly basis.
- The range of activities offered at the home is wide from quizzes to art classes, poetry readings, birthday celebrations and visits from school children.
- We were worried that the home is experiencing very long delays and a lack of communication about applications for Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards assessments (DoLS) from Barnet Adult Social Care Services.
Recommendations were made to the home and a response is included in the report.