Our Enter and View team visited Friary Lodge as part of Healthwatch’s planned series of visits to Care/Nursing homes in Barnet. It is a registered care home providing support to 15 older people.
The team found Friary Lodge to be well run, with residents and relatives very happy with the care provided and satisfied with the food on offer.
Key findings from the visit
- Relatives and residents told us that they thought the staff had the right skills and experience.
- There have been some issues with long waits for dental care as there is no longer a dentist available to visit the home.
- Some relatives told us that they had not discussed their relative’s care, which showed that more discussion is needed to be had about the plans with the relatives and carers
- Several activities such as art and yoga take place and there is an entertainer that visits the home every Friday too
- All of the residents and relatives, that we spoke to, would recommend this home.