• Text size
  • A
  • A
  • A
Your spotlight on local services
Google Translate 


Patient advice and liaison service (PALS)

At the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, we are fully committed to providing a high quality patient experience. 

To help us achieve that aim, the patient advice and liaison service (PALS) offers support, information and assistance to patients, relatives and visitors about medical services and hospital care. Find out how PALS can help you.

You can get in touch with the PALS teams at any of our hospitals, using the contact details below. Alternatively, contact the patient advice and liaison service using our online form.

The PALS NHS team at Barnet Hospital and Chase Farm Hospital

The patient advice and liaison service for Barnet Hospital and Chase Farm Hospital is based on the ground floor of Barnet Hospital, near the main entrance. 

It is open Monday to Friday, from 10:00 am-12:00 pm and then 1:30 pm -3:00 pm. You can contact PALS, using the details below:

Tel: 020 8216 4924 
Write to us: patient advice and liaison service (PALS), Barnet Hospital,  Wellhouse Lane, Barnet EN5 3DJ
Visit us: We are open for visitors Monday to Friday, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm. You will find us on the ground floor of Barnet Hospital, near the main entrance.

If you being treated at Chase Farm Hospital or another site and cannot make it to our office, please phone us and we will arrange a time to visit you.

Download our leaflet to find out more about our service.

The PALS NHS team at the Royal Free Hospital

The patient advice and liaison service for the Royal Free Hospital is in the hospital’s main reception. 

The service is open from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday - except Wednesdays, when the hours are different. On Wednesdays, the service is open from 10:30 am to 4:00 pm. 

You can contact them using the following details: 

Tel: 020 7472 6446/6447; (020 7472 6445 - 24 hour answer phone)
Fax: 020 7472 6463
SMS: 447860023323 (Deaf, hard of hearing and hearing impaired patients only)

Download our leaflet to find out more about our service.

Support to make a complaint about our medical services

If you are dissatisfied with the service you have received at any of our hospitals, our complaints team will be happy to help you. Find out how to make a complaint.

If you would like independent advice and support, the advocacy services below are available:

VoiceAbility works across England with people who are vulnerable or marginalised to raise their voices and have their rights respected.

NHS Complaints Advocacy United House, 39-41 North Road, London N7 9DP www.nhscomplaintsadvocacy.org and https://www.pohwer.net/barnet

POhWER provides advocacy service for patients resident in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Luton.

NHS Complaints Advocate Head Office Hertlands House Primett Road, Stevenage, SG1 3EE Tel: 0300 456 2370 Fax: 0300 456 2365 Minicom: 0300 456 2364 Website: www.pohwer.net Email: pohwer@pohwer.net

Health Service Ombudsman

If you're unhappy with how the NHS have dealt with your complaint, please contact the Health Service Ombudsman.

Health Service Ombudsman service is free and is independent; it is not part of the NHS or Government and their powers are set down in law.

More information on the Health Service Ombudsman can be found at www.ombudsman.org.uk.

You can get in touch with the Health Service Ombudsman Monday – Friday between 8:30 am to 5:30 pm:

Tel: 0345 015 4033 Email: phso.enquiries@ombudsman.org.uk Text: 'call back' with your name and mobile number to 07624 813 005 (and they'll call you back). Fax: 0300 061 4000 Write to: Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP

Care Quality Commission (CQC)

You may also contact the Care Quality Commission (CQC) who will use any information received as part of their inspection process to ensure that the provider meets the required standards for quality and safety of service users.

Complaints about a doctor

Complaints about an individual doctor should be directed to the General Medical Council.

Complaints about a nurse

Complaints about a nurse or midwife should be directed to the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).

Complaints about physiotherapists

Complaints about physiotherapists should be directed to the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.

Help making a complaint (POhWER Advocacy Service)

Healthwatch Barnet is not able to support people in making an individual complaint. This is known as a complaints advocacy service.

POhWER provide a free, independent service for Barnet residents. Their website is dedicated to helping you understand what your options are and how to get the best resolution for you.

The website has a wide range of information to support you to make an NHS complaint by yourself, including self-help information in Easy Read and large print version. If you wish to complaint about a National Health Service (NHS), please call 0203 553 5960 or email pohwer@pohwer.net