• Text size
  • A
  • A
  • A
Your spotlight on local services
Google Translate 

Mental Health Services

Complaints about Mental Health Services

Mental Health Services in Enfield are provided by Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust. Details of their complaints process can be found on the Comments, Complaints and Concerns section of the BEH website.

Complaints service contact details

The Complaints Management Team: Admin Block, Room 14, St Ann's Hospital, St Ann's Road, London, N15 3TH 

Emma Francis - Complaints Manager, Tel no: 020 8702 3839  Shivon Genus - Complaints Manager, Tel no: 020 8702 3840 Fax: 020 8442 6622

Email: complaints@beh-mht.nhs.uk

Taking your concerns to the top

If you prefer to put your points in writing to the Chief Executive, please address your letter to:

Maria Kane, Chief Executive Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust, Trust Headquarters, Block B2 St Ann's Hospital, St Ann's Road, London, N15 3TH

Email:   chiefexecutive@beh-mht.nhs.uk

Health Service Ombudsman

If you're unhappy with how the NHS have dealt with your complaint, please contact the Health Service Ombudsman.

Health Service Ombudsman service is free and is independent; it is not part of the NHS or Government and their powers are set down in law.

More information on the Health Service Ombudsman can be found at www.ombudsman.org.uk

You can get in touch with the Health Service Ombudsman Monday – Friday between 8:30 am to 5:30 pm:

Tel: 0345 015 4033 Email: phso.enquiries@ombudsman.org.uk Text: 'call back' with your name and mobile number to 07624 813 005 (and they'll call you back). Fax: 0300 061 4000 Write to: Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP

Care Quality Commission (CQC)

You may also contact the Care Quality Commission (CQC) who will use any information received as part of their inspection process to ensure that the provider meets the required standards for quality and safety of service users.

Complaints about a psychiatrist

Complaints about individual psychiatrists should be directed to the Royal College of Psychiatrists

Help making a complaint (POhWER Advocacy Service)

Healthwatch Barnet is not able to support people in making an individual complaint. This is known as a complaints advocacy service. 

POhWER provide a free, independent service for Barnet residents. Their website is dedicated to helping you understand what your options are and how to get the best resolution for you.

The website has a wide range of information to support you to make an NHS complaint by yourself, including self-help information in Easy Read and large print version. If you wish to make a complaint about a National Health Service (NHS), please call 0203 553 5960 or email pohwer@pohwer.net