• Text size
  • A
  • A
  • A
Your spotlight on local services
Google Translate 

Raising Concerns Informally

If you don't want to make a formal complaint, but have concerns or a complaint about a hospital that you would like to raise informally, you can do this in a number of ways:


Ask to see the person in charge of the ward or department so that you can discuss your concerns or worries as soon as they arise. If you're not happy with the response, then ask to see the Matron or General Manager for the area concerned.

Using the Trust's website

You can use the Trust's own website to make a complaint or to raise concerns:

Chase Farm

North Middlesex

Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust

Make a complaint confidentially to PALS

In addition, there is the confidential patient advice and liaison service (PALS) set up to support patients, their families and visitors who need advice, have problems/concerns, or don't know where to turn for information. PALS is about learning from patients and visitors involved with hospitals to improve our healthcare services.

If you require help or advice about hospital services, or information about how to make a complaint, please contact PALS:

PALS NHS at Barnet Hospital and Chase Farm Hospital – T: 020 8216 4924 – E: bcfpals@nhs.net

PALS NHS at North Middlesex University Hospital – T: 020 887 3172 – E: northmid.pals@nhs.net or visit the website

PALS NHS at Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust - T:020 8702 3932 -E: complaints@beh-mht.nhs.uk

NHS Choices

You can use the NHS website to rate and comment on the service you've received.

NHS Choices ratings and comments for Chase Farm Hospital.

NHS Choices ratings and comments for North Middlesex University Hospital.

NHS Choices ratings and comments for St Ann's General Hospital.