What changes do people want to make to local services in Barnet?
The Government is investing an extra £20bn a year in the NHS until 2023. The NHS has produced a Long Term Plan, setting out all the things it wants health services to do better for people across the country. For these plans to work, the NHS needs to shape local plans based on local needs. We asked people #WhatWouldYouDo to improve local services in Barnet.
We heard from over 140 people about the changes they would like to see. These include:
- Easier access to more local NHS services
- Waiting times for appointments need to be reduced
- Making sure everyone gets the care they need, regardless of where they live
- Technology needs to be used more
- More information, advice and guidance about how to make better lifestyle choices
- Services need to be much more joined up
- Better communication skills in health care staff when dealing with people with learning disabilities, autism and other disabilities.
As a result, the NHS has committed to take the following steps:
The NHS Long Term Plan sets out a 10-year programme that aims to improve health and care for local people so that they can get the right care, in the right place, at the right time.
To deliver the plan in north central London we are building on our recent success working closely together as a partnership to become an Integrated Care System (ICS), a new model of providing joined-up health and care that involves even closer collaboration.
Integrated care systems will bring together primary and specialist care; physical and mental health services; and health and social care.
In the north central London ICS, local NHS organisations, councils and other groups, such as charities and community groups, will take collective responsibility for managing resources, delivering NHS standards, and improving the health and wellbeing of local people.
By working together in this way it means we can:
- provide better, more joined-up care for residents
- provide care that is tailored to individual needs
- help people to live healthier lives for longer
- help people to stay out of hospital when they don’t need to be there
We are continuing to speak with local residents about the best ways to arrange health and care services across north central London over the next five years, visit the website for more information.
Read more about what people would do to change services in Barnet, read the report here.
Didn’t have chance to share your view? Talk to us today